Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting the most out of fall...

We have been thoroughly enjoying the fall here in NC. I enjoy fall anywhere really, it just so happens to last a little longer here, which suits me just fine, as it is my favorite season.

Fallen leaves have been nature's amusement for Ev especially lately (although in the videos below, my parents during their recent visit, had their fun too ha ha).

For me to be able to sit outside and read a book while Ev plays or rides her bike, in 60 deg. temps, has been heaven for me. Walks are also a great joy to me, and I've been loving my late morning long walks with Rogan while Ev is in school. (He likes to go alot further than Ev does) :) The cooler the temps, the shorter our walks become, which is a big disappointment for me. I unfortunately have a very low tolerance for cold (I'm convinced I was permanently damaged living in Canada, walking to school in -40 deg. temps, as a youth :) Luckily 50 deg. temps are the norm here right now even though we've been getting the occasional 40's during the day.

Another new favorite fall family activity is disc golf (aka frisbee golf). Ran already had his own disc and he bought Ev and me one too. We happily discovered a few weeks ago that there are a variety of multi-purpose parks within 15-20 min. that have free courses. It's been alot of fun and Everlea gets into it as much as we do with us praising her throws (which are improving more and more for a 4 yr old).

Winter is around the corner and I am curious to see what our first NC winter will be like...but for now I'll try and spend whatever time I can in the great outdoors and enjoy it while I comfortably can. :)




1 comment:

The Boisverts said...

So glad the Lord answered all the prayers lifted up regarding NC...He's gone above and beyond what was hoped for! Seems like NC is the perfect fit for you guys! I'm so happy for you!!!