Thankfully, the rain didn't start first thing in the morning while we set up, it never really got that bad and Ran actually set up the world's biggest tarp ever :) so the majority of everything stayed mostly dry...and, the weather didn't really seem to keep too many people away, we actually had a decent showing of yard salers and got rid of alot of stuff, there was a bargain for everyone. lol.



We just found out today too, that our buyer needs to close on Monday the 12th...somehow this date managed to get backed up from the 14th originally to now the 12th (not a date we ever gave as an option, but I guess she's already keeping her movers away for as long as possible and that's the latest they can wait). So, I think my Mother's Day is going to be an all day house cleaning event. Ran for a M Day gift for me was going to pay for a cleaner to come in after the house is empty of all it's contents, but with the truck loading Sat. and the closing Monday now, I don't think that'll happen and I guess at this point, she can't expect it to be perfect.
anyways...through this all, I'm actually feeling pretty peaceful...that may change by week's end and I've had the occasional anxious moment, but I'm thankful for the calm amidst the storm for now.
3 comments:
I have never seen a tarp that big before. That is amazing.
We will keep you in our prayers on the house details. I remember a similar issue with our last house. Basically the new owners got my once over vaccum and dusting.(not my favorite way to clean) I do not think I even touched all the corners.
Anyone moving in has got to realize this and most people re-clean when they move even if you did it an hour before them.
Anything you need, do not hesitate to let us know. :)
~Mel
I was there but the picture really does show it...that really is the world's biggest tarp. Although, our neighbors, whose house was about to fall down because they had let it go so much, found out they had a leak in their roof. So...they went and bought a tarp and literally covered their whole house- from the ground in the front, all the way over the house, into the back. Thanks goodness the wind started blowing and they quickly realized it wouldn't work because I wasn't sure how long I could look at the bright blue box. That may have been the world's largest tarp- but yours is definitely a close second:)
Lol i remember that tarp k:) Wen - count me in if you need any help cleaning Sunday...
Post a Comment