A few highlights throughout the winter were our 3 little mini snowstorms, and I say snowstorm lightly, but to southerners I guess they were significant enough. School was closed all three times and Ran was even off work in the most recent one (even though we only got about 2 inches), but it was kinda fun, since he was able to enjoy some "snow" time with Everlea.



In the beginning of Feb. we had a fun little Superbowl party with the Anderson and B. Sweet families.

Another weekend outing included a day trip to Morrow Mtn State Park, a Native American archaeological site (quarry) and park. We enjoyed the trails on the mtn and down around the lake, a picnic, and the unseasonal high temps for that Feb. weekend. Ran and I are really big on trying out new places, we've only tapped into a tiny portion of the state parks in the state, and we have such fun researching and discovering more fun places to go. I'm very big on the idea that you don't have to spend alot of money to have fun! :)


On Valentine's Day we had a fun family day at the Charlotte Nature Museum and got to experience the animals and various themed nature rooms and a little butterfly sanctuary.


The beginning of March brought an unexpected but fun little 2 day visit from my parents. Everlea had a great time with grandpa and grandma (her 24/7 playmate) :) and us girls also got to enjoy lunch at a nice cafe and went across the street to a bakery and tea house for tea and cakes. Everlea was in her glory there and kept saying "this is the best tea party ever!" ha ha
Woven throughout the days and weekends have been date nights at our $2 theater for Ran and I (thanks to babysitting swapping with the Andersons), trips to our locals parks and more disc golf on the nicer days.
So, thanks to all these activities, winter sort of zipped by, I didn't get any major cabin fever like I have in years past and I'm feeling pretty content.
1 comment:
oh my goodness, the ones of your dad and ev gave me the giggles. how priceless!
Post a Comment