Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our December in a Nutshell...

So I'm realizing my last post was the end of November. I think I fell behind, probably largely in part again thanks to facebook, an easier way to connect with a larger majority of friends and family. But, FB is somewhat limited, I know not everyone has access to it, and, I want my blog put in book form for us and Everlea at some point (which a friend said is possible), so if I catch it back up, hopefully it won't be so overwhelming to keep up with it again.

Let's see...

-We made a trip to VA to visit with my cousin and her family and attend (me) her annual cookie swap and ornament exchange. It was a good time despite a sick child and burnt fingers, both happening to my cousin Ang soon before her big party, but Ran and I pitched in a bit, and the party still went off without a hitch. The cookies that I got back through the exchange did not last til Christmas. Um, yah...

-We took our unprofessional :) family Christmas card picture in our yard:

-We attended a breakfast with Santa: yes, Everlea was smiling and not freaked by Santa this year, although some bribery was involved if I remember correctly...lol

-We watched the nativity story play out and were entertained by the singing at Everlea's pre-school Christmas program (as you can see in video below she had some wardrobe malfunctions/issues, oh & sorry for the annoying focusing and re-focusing) :)

- We got our Christmas tree mid-Dec., a small and humble one, but described by Everlea as "the best Christmas tree ever". :) It was decorated and re-decorated every day by above mentioned 4yr old. :) Donated and delivered said tree, 10 days later to a new family, thanks to free advertising on Craigslist.



...and, on Dec. 20th we packed up the kid, the dog, our luggage and the presents and headed to NH for Christmas.

No comments: